Read, Compare & Write Values from Excel file

maiko

Hi Guys,
Im back again after 1&1/2 year.
But my question is...
How can I read values in excel file especially from one column then compare it with value in plc and then write other values whitch are located in same row like compared value.

Thanks in advance.

Maiko

For free, check out archies advanced HMI. Search forum for it. I'm pretty sure there is an E/IP driver for CLX support. Also search forum for example of using it as your interface between Excel and CLX. After that, you should be able to do your comparisons using excels functions.

AdvancedHMI does have drivers for the CLX processors and can interface with Excel spreadsheets in several different ways. There is a topic on the AdvancedHMI forum that discusses using Excel Automation with AdvancedHMI. It is probably the most difficult method and does require a little bit of VB knowledge, but it allows viewing of live PLC data in Excel.

http://advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=679.msg3168#msg3168

My preferred method is to use a software tool called EPPlus. It doesn't let your view live data, but is much easier for reading/writing Excel data and it does not require Excel to be installed on the PC.