2D Animation for Tank Level on HMI

I have a Red Lion G310 with crimson 3.0 software, and an allen bradley plc with Rs Logix 5000. I am wondering how to create a 2d animation where a simulated water will rise to our specified indications like at 25 % of the tank or 75 % of the tank. I have read that you can create an integer tag and write a script for it but I have no idea how to do that. I found in the program under behaviors after I made a rectangular cutout the 2d animations screen but I am unsure how to set up position, minimum, and maximum.

I had some thoughts on a possible script:

while(tank_level <= 100){
something
}
Not sure how to get the tank level since we are using simple float switches?

See Page 95 of the Crimson user manual which is in the help menu/contents on the toolbar. It explains how to do fill behavior using an integer.

Just saw you are using float switches. You probably could also move certain #'s into a "level" integer in the program. For example--

float 1 move, 25 to integer
float 1&2 move 50 to integer
Float 1&2&3 move 100 to integer

Whichever floats are equal to the level percentage in your tank. You just will not have true level in between floats.

Last edited:
Ok I found it I think that is getting on the right track now. However, how do I access fill behaviors, where is it in the program? Also being that I am using float switches as digital inputs to the PLC which sends to the HMI what will I use for value? I can use my high and low switches for the max and min limits, but what do I use for value? Do I create a new integer tag if so what should I set it to?

I'm assuming by "in the program" you mean in the HMI software? You have to place an object on the screen and open its properties. You will see fill behavior in there.

I don't think you can use your switches for min and max- your going to have to right some code that moves #'s into an integer in the PLC program.

If you had 4 floats hung at roughly 25,50,75 and 100% tank height, you would use those float signals to move the number 25,50,75 or 100 into a integer called " level height" for example. You would use the "level height" tag as the fill value. Then you would just use 0 and 100 as the min and max. When each float writes the new number to the "level height" tag, it would hang the animation on the screen.