CompactLogic AB 1769-L36ERM

Symbot

I have this PLC and started having issues uploading the program. to go online i have to use a BAK file and am wondering how to resolve this issue. I have not re-download to it due to fear of loosing the program or damaging the processor.
Does anyone here have experience this same issue?

Thanks

You said you can go online with the BAK file, though? If so, try going online, letting it correlate if it wants to, then go to File -> Save As and give it a new name. Then close down the software, reopen the new file, and see if it works.

I am on as administrator and have tried to save the file while online but when doing so, the program wants to upload (which i tried to do) and the same error come up..... Do you think it might be/need a firmware update? would that cause this?

Ok, you're beyond my experience. A prompt to upload/save tag values is normal and ok. It's acting like a problem with RSLogix and Windows more than the PLC itself. Do you have another laptop with the software on it? Can you connect to and save from other PLCs with the same laptop?

ok just tried it and came up with the same error.....i have tried it with 3 diff PC's with the same result so, thats when i decided to come here.

Try holding down "Left Ctrl" + "Left Shift" when double clicking on the RSL5K icon. Keep holding until past the splash screen. I have a similar issue on my laptop and holding these on start up works. Helpdesk are working on fixing it, but we dont know why its happening.

If you do a reinstall, be absolutely sure you get the right installer package. There are two version 20s that are not compatible. If your controller uses one of them and you install the other, you won't be able to open the archive without converting it and then you won't be able to go online without flashing the firmware.