1794-AENT/A and 1769-L24ER

lam2363

Hello all,

I am trying to configure a 1794-AENT/A Firmware Rev 2.012 to run on a CompactLogix L24ER-QBFC1B controller. I have the flex module set up in the controller organizer tree. My issue is the module faults out on a (code: 16#0203) connection timed out, every 10 sec. The flex module recovers and then is fine for 10 secs and it does this over and over. The yellow alert signal shows up with the same frequency in the controller organizer tree, no surprise there, as well as the network status light on the flex module lights up red again no surprise there. I have tried configuring it on another PLC,multiple Ethernet cable, I have tried uni-cast, multi-cast, I have tried changing the RPI rate to both ends of the spectrum. I only each the one Ethernet Flex module to test with.
My questions are is there a certain minimum firmware that i need to use as an AOP?Does my configuration make scene?Has anyone come across this issue?

Thanks,

Lucas

First check to be sure there are no duplicate IP addresses on the network.

I know I've had to upgrade a bunch of POINT I/O adapters when we moved to the newest CompactLogix platform because of similar connection incompatibilities.

RA Knowledgebase article 509707 says that any CompactLogix 5370 family controller will exhibit a similar connection failure with 1794-AENT 2.1 or 3.1 firmware, and that 1794-AENT version 4.1 firmware will work with those controllers.

Thanks Ken
I was thinking it was firmware but wasn't sure
Do you know off hand what the series A are compatible with or can you point me to a doc that outlines that?
-Lucas