rs view recipe plus

roxusa

Lifetime Supporting Member
Anyone have any tips on setting up a recipe in 2711p
I am looking to set up for order entry with the operator typing in the values for each axis (14) then making the auto set up, once order has been "tweaked"
I would like to save it to a recipe on the panelview+ to be recalled the next time that order runs
I need the values of each "ingredient" (axis) saved under an order number then put back into the file (address) used to load a new order.
Looking at the literature seems like I set up only one recipe then the operator adds or edits at run time to add more (if appropriate function keys are set up)
each order is unique but just sends different axis positions to the 14 axis's

an Help would be appreciated, It took me a while to figure out the rest of the panelview+ running FTView ME, since I was still using PV32 but getting there.
Thanks

Take a look in the Library section when editing your project in FTView Studio.
There should be a recipe example that you can add to your project. That will use the built-in Recipe Plus feature.

I see the recipe plus components that I have added to my screen
I am trying to figure out how to set up the recipe plus editor now.
As I mentioned there are only 14 variables I need to associate with each recipe
always the same ones used just different value in them for each order.
Trying to figure out what goes in Data set and what goes in Tag set
Thanks

I know the tag address's of each of the 14 axis I would like to send the value stored in the recipe to would this be the Data set or Tag set.
I think I am confused by "set" are they referring to all the values in a string

With the Recipe Editor open, click the Ingredients tab.

Ingredient: These will be one of your 14 values you want saved within each recipe.

Type, Min, Max - self explanatory.

Data Set: These will be your actual recipes

Tag Set: Tag to be accessed at the PLC

I thought the Ingredient was just the name of the axis is it an actual value.
I understand the min-max, and I believe the Tag Set is the address in the PLC where the data for the ingredient will be sent.
Not so clear on the Data Set.
I am trying to set up to store the 14 different values associated with each different order number that will be recalled and sent to the PLC for a new set up.
Does attached look correct. Thanks

Data sets are the values that you want for each ingredient; your axis values. So you might have a "default" data set, and then any number of custom data sets after that. You can rename the data set by going to the file menu Recipe>Rename Data Set. I'd recommend that to help make things less confusing.
RenameDataSet.png

Ingredients are just names; won't change for a recipe.
Tag sets are the controller addresses you want the axis values written to; sounds like you always want to write to the same tag addresses.

Your setup looks okay. If you want different "recipes" (axis values) just create new data sets. You'll also want to look into the "units". No kidding, it's confusing.

So if I create one recipe as a default such as to put each axis on its reference point
This would be a UNIT, I nam it 999999 and send Data Set 1 to Tag Set 1
If an operator wants to enter a new recipe is there a way to load the AXIS VALUES
(current Position) back into a new Data Set.
I have read a lot in the Factory Talk View Help files but don't see much on run time entry.
I have a program running on the machine that will let the operator enter only the axis needed to calculate the remainder of the axis and to set up the machine. If it were a First Time New Order, Then I would like to save it under its 6 digit order Number for the next run. Would all of that be done on this screen (I copied this and put into my project)
Thank you for taking the time to explain

The short answer is yes, you can save the current PLC values into the Recipe file.
The runtime save is odd; it's not what you expect.
PLC upload-> Recipe Table save-> Recipe File

You remember the joke that starts out "who's on first"?
It sounds like you know what's going on with Recipe Plus, but honestly it's a tricky bit to follow. The terms and steps with Recipe Plus are confusing.

Create a test project with that Recipe library screen and then mess around with all the buttons until you figure out how it works.
Believe me, that will save you a lot of headaches versus trying to read the manual and figure it all out by just reading.