SMC Dialog Comm Issues

Compass

Hello

I'm in the process of programming SMC dialog soft starters to communicate with PLC-5, via the block transfer method.

They were setup for communications before, but disconnected due to "issues." Our records aren't great.

This got me wondering. On the dip switches is SW2-5 "Fault on Comm Loss." In all of Allen Bradley's examples it is on. If I turn it off then maybe the conveyors will still operate even if there is a communication loss to the PLC. This should be fine as long as the fault bit is seperate from the comm.

I can't find much information on doing this, so rather than a question I'm basically asking for feedback. Is this clever or dumb, and why?

Similar Topics

Hello, I have a Allen Bradley SMC Dialog Plus that i communicate to through a Scanport 1203-EN1 and i'm getting this error below I/O Faulted...
Replies
Views
Hi, I want to start 150 SMC Flex from Studio 5000. I have the AOP and P SMC flex AOI imported in my program. I have also set the logic mask to...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, We are having Fanuc 16 i CNC system. I need to interface SMC ex260 SEN-1 ethernet valve module with the CNC . Does anyone know the...
Replies
Views
I am trying to add a TCPIP server group to integrate a Schneider M221 PLC in to Wonderware. When right clicking on the Operations Integration...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Our plant is running Wonderware Historian on a Virtual Server and every few days I'm losing comms to my PLCs. Usually I can simply...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom