RSlogix 5 Comm loss on Save

Compass

Hi

Whenever I save on RSlogix 5 I loose communications.:eek:

By this I mean RSView32 loses communications and RSlogix itselt times out and has to go offline.

I regain communications in a minute, but it is annoying and might be the start of worse problems.

Any suggestions?

Win XP
RSlogix 5
RSlinx Classic
RSView32

I don't really have a solution to offer. It sounds as if there is probably a great deal of traffic between the HMI and the PLC. Is it feasible for you to save the program without updating the data tables? If not, do you have the option of taking the HMI offline for a moment whenever you do a program save?

Perhaps another user does know of a solution to your problem, but I thought that, if there is, then they'd need to know what sort of comms you were using in order to be of assistance.