HMI don't show some information

freeali

Dear all,

In my company we have Allen-Bradley plc, and all the information we need are shown on the HMI, but some time we have a problem : some of these information diaper, for example the value of pipe suction pressure diaper. so what is the reason of this problem and what is the solution ?

Thank you and I'm waiting for your reply.

If the object in the HMI displays the value of the tag in the PLC correctly once, I don't see why it would not display it all the time.

when you say it disappears, do you mean there is nothing at all displayed, or that it displays zero?

I know that if the plc is not connected at all everything displays "error"

Dear realolman,

Thank you very much for your reply, our PLC control on a pump and as you know there are many information must be controller by this PLC like the speed of the pump or its temperature etc... on the HMI most these information shown, suddenly the the speed of pump disappears I mean for example before one hour it was 100 RPM and now it be Zero (0) but the pump is still ruing and there are another place on the same HMI show the speed of the pump and it still reading Ok (100 RPM), so the value of the speed be zero in one places on the HMI and all other reading (temperature and vibration ... etc) still ok.

I hope the problem now be clear and you can give me the answer ?

I would check the Tags used for reading the pump speed.

Maybe the one place it shows 0 could be reading a different analog point from the PLC than the one that shows 0. See if they display the same tag.

Revolutions per minute (abbreviated rpm, RPM, rev/min, r/min) is a measure of the frequency of rotation, specifically the number of rotations around a fixed axis in one minute. It is used as a measure of rotational speed of a mechanical component

Typically, the HMI only shows the register(s) in the PLC. Look at the PLC registers and be certain nothing else is messing with them.
Also, look at the communication cabling and connectivity and make certain it is all good.

I'm sure @RealOlMan doesn't need a lesson in the meaning of 'rpm'. And you didn't answer his question o what is measuring the rpm? Is there a feedback device from somewhere in your system? Or is it just the command signal going to your VFD or VFD feedback?

Last edited:
Dear danatomega & realolman,

I'm sorry if i didn't understanding what you were mean. And I am sorry to tell you I am not professional in the PLC. I am not the one who connect the pump with the PLC so I can't answer your question , I just found the reading of pump speed is disappears in one side on the HMI and there are another side show this speed so that I asked you about that.

. . . disappears in one side on the HMI and there are another side show this speed . . .

I would still check the HMI in the 2 places to see if they are reading the same point/integer from the PLC.

Maybe in one place it's reading the RPM integer correctly, and in the place that changes to 0 it's reading a different integer on the PLC that SOMETIMES the logic has read the correct RPM - but sometimes has a different value in it.

Dear Aabeck,

Thank you very much, I understanding from your answer that we have to check the PLC and the problem not with the HMI right ? Because my friend advice me to restart the HMI and see maybe the reading of pump speed come back !

I think the problem is in the HMI. I feel that it may be reading the wrong tag / point / integer from the PLC where it shows 0, where the other HMI reading is reading the correct point - if they are different points change all the points in the HMI to read the correct one.