Logix5000 Clock Update Tool - Device Qty Limitation

tranh2

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has a problem like this and how they worked around it. I have about 120 Micrologix 1100/1200 PLC's distributed over a large geographical area. In the future I will have upwards of 350 (total) Micrologix PLC's. Ethernet connection is available to all these units. I am looking at implementing clock syncronization on all these units. Accuracy between units is not that important meaning that 1-2 seconds inaccuracy between units is tolerable. They don't interact with each other in anyway.

I was currently using the RS5000 Clock Update tool but when adding the units it only allows 110 units. Then I found this below...

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/120196/

Looks like it will only allow 110 units. Is there away to bypass this? They mentioned a tool called Chronos. I couldn't figure out if they were saying Chronos is the improved version or Logix5000 Clock update tool is the improved version of Chronos.

Anyone got a solution?

I have no idea about clock update tool, but seems like it is a computer software. My idea is to install it on 4 different PC and I assume those PC has the same time. So cut the update in 4 portions, 90PLC on PC1, others will be on PC2, PC3 and PC4 . It is just an idea, not sure if it will work.