Uneditable routines from customer reference

Scottman

Hello,
I think this should be a simple question to answer for someone here. I have a reference file from a customer that includes some routines that have blue backgrounds. When you go to "Properties", it says "Source not available". There is no way to edit these routines. Others are fine and can be edited. It looks similar to when you lock your safety program, but this file has no safety program. I have tried saving as an L5k and looking in the code for a way to possibly unlock the routines with no success.

I don't know if these routines were imported from an older locked Guardlogix program or something along those lines. The customer is not replying to inquiries about it or requests for another reference. Of course my deadline is fast approaching as always.

Suppose I should mention I am talking about RSLogix 19.11.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated or is this file just flat out corrupted somehow.

Thank you
Scott

Last edited:
First you need to check your version of RSLogix5000 and determine if your license includes all the features that the program is using. For example, if the logic routines are phase routines and you don't have the proper license to enable that feature you might be able to view it but nothing more.

See here:
http://www.rockwellautomation.com/r...t-pages/LogixDesigner_orderingInformation.pdf

They could have locked the source code, and subsequently you would need the source code key file, I think if that is the case you can't even view the logic, just shows and icon it is there but nothing more to access.

They may have source protection on. However in I know in V21+ source protection makes it so you can't even see the routine, not just disable editing so what you are seeing may be different.