Load files to SLC5/05 out in the field?

MartyMaucher

Guys,
Does RSLogix 500 output a file that a customer can load to a SLC5/05 with a USB drive, etc.?
Also need to load a .mer file to a PanelView Plus 400.
:confused:

RSLogix needs to connect to the controller using RSLinx software and perform the download. There's no easily-transportable runtime or binary file for the SLC-500 controllers like there is for the PanelView Plus.

That *.MER file can be moved around with a USB drive or CF or SD card (depending on which one your PV+ supports). You need to put the Runtime files into the correct directory (by memory, \Rockwell Software\RSViewME\Runtime) and the memory devices need to be formatted for FAT16.

There is one workaround device for SLC-family controllers, an older product called a Program Storage Device, 1747-PSD.

The most common way to get a program to the field without an RSLogix computer is to load an EEPROM using a local SLC-5/0x with matching model and firmware, then ship that EEPROM.

replace processor and load program from eeprom

I have a SLC500 processor that has an eeprom and keeps locking up. I have a replacement processor and need to know how to make it load the program from the eeprom without rslinx/rslogix