CLX & Wonderware comms problem

nzfy

Hello all,
I am unable to read any tags or even the $SYS$ tags from my CLX 1756-L62 (v20.13) controller through Archestra IDE.
The Object Viewer states the quality is BAD or Initializing for any attempt to scan an attribute, see attached "Object Viewer tag" picture.

I have also attached my DASABCIP settings inside SMC, files "SMC" and "PLC parameters", I have set the the Host Name to match the IP of my ENBT card to be 192.168.2.201. Please see attached the RSLogix screenshot "RSLogix".

I address the tags with the following: "Comms_Link.Topic_0.tester_1" or "Comms_Link.Topic_0_$SYS$Status" where "Comms_Link" is my DDESuiteLinkClient object in Archestra IDE.

I have read through all the documentation and cannot find what I have incorrect, I am now thinking of changing the firmware on the CPU. I am tearing my hair out, please help.

Object Viewer tag.jpg PLC parameters.jpg SMC.jpg RSLogix.jpg IO addressing.jpg

just another straw at which to grasp ...

DISCLAIMER:

I haven't worked with Wonderware in about 15 years - so this is just a GUESS - but have you tried making a "plain vanilla" tag scoped at the CONTROLLER level - and tried communicating with that one? ...

good luck with your project ...

Is the "Topic Name" from your Intouch tags correct in your DAServer?
Remember....It goes under "Device Groups" not "Device Items" in the DAServer.

If using 2014 or earlier I would recommend using the BTL for automatic binding to the PLC tags. It requires import some code WW has and also having your tags in UDT's or AOI's in the PLC.

If that is not an option. Your tag input source should look something like this.

DASABCIP.TopicName.Tagname.MemberName

Basically all the settings were right, however the Object Viewer does not automatically scan the tag and therefore it wasn't updating.

Once I scanned the tag in WindowViewer or on a watch list, the tag updated fine.