Altistart 01

marcius

I have two Altistart 01 softstarts which controls 3 phase 1.2 kW (cosfi 0.65)motors.
Order number of soft stars is ATS01N206QN.
Connection diagram is like on page 3 on the right, i also have jumper acrros LI+ and LI2 terminals.
www.schneider-electric.com/products/WW/en/2900-motion-drives/2940-soft-starters/779-altistart-01/
When start button is pushed contactor closes and "Power on" led is lit. Every second o so clicking inside of soft starter can be heard. "Full voltage" led never lit motor doesn't run.
If motor connected directly to contactor (without soft start) it runs.
At first i thought both units are defected (unlikely but possible) and needs to be changed. But before sending them back for exchange i borrowed another 2 for testing and to my surprise they acted exactly the same - "power led" is lit, clicking inside, motor doesn't run.

Tried connecting jumper to boost terminal - doesn't change anything.
Tried changing phase sequence on input side - doesn't change anything.

Anything else I can check or do? I'm realy out of ideas. Local Schneider support wasn't helpful at all.

Check your supply voltage, though you are soft starting you may still have a voltage dip. Check the start time setting, make sure it isn't too small, otherwise you can again be causing a dip in supply voltage.

You do have a 3 phase supply that is between 380-415VAC and a corresponding 3 phase motor connected to it, don't you? Because if you are trying to use this on 240V, that would be an issue.

I find it hard to believe that a 1.2kW motor can cause enough of a VD on a 380V supply to cause an issue. If it did, the issue would be WORSE if you tried to start it DOL (without the soft starter as you say you did). There is something else missing here.

That instruction sheet is atrocious by the way... they use abbreviations that don't match their own drawings and provide no legend to help interpret it. Typical for Schneider owned companies in my experience, I guess you are just supposed to know these things...