rslogix5000 license stolen

Snap25

Lifetime Supporting Member
Anyone know the procedure and steps to take with Rockwell when an employee quit but never returned his work laptop and has the Rslogix5000 activated via factorytalk?

Getting the laptop back isn't a concern its getting the Rslogix5000 professional back so I can activate it on my computer since I'm limited with the standard edition. My boss told me to give rockwell a call and I will, I just wanted to get some insight first. Thanks

Thanks

Snap25,

The laptop should be a concern!
It has company confidential information on it and you need to get it back. If you don't make the effort, you are telling others at your facility that stealing has no consequences.

Get with the legal department and let them sort out what they want to do.
Our company would have a warrant for his arrest for theft and industrial espionage.

james,

Snap25,

The laptop should be a concern!
It has company confidential information on it and you need to get it back. If you don't make the effort, you are telling others at your facility that stealing has no consequences.

Get with the legal department and let them sort out what they want to do.
Our company would have a warrant for his arrest for theft and industrial espionage.

james,

I agree completely but I'm not the one who makes those calls.. But I just spoke with Rockwell and its a pretty simple process or resetting the activation.

Glad to hear you got it sorted out.

RA gets those calls every single day: laptops get stolen, broken, burned, drowned, and zapped all the time.

Back when we had the harder-to-replace diskette activations I had a customer come in to get my help transferring the activation from a slow, balky laptop to a newer faster laptop that had been temporarily loaned to him by management.

We got the software installed, got the activation installed, and tested the serial port and the 1747-PIC driver (this was around 1998). All OK.

He put the new PC carefully into a laptop bag and zippered it up, then went to shake my hand, knocking the old PC off the desk and onto the floor, where the keyboard and screen parted ways.

He looked me in the eye. "Darn."