Ftv 7.0

kprafke

I'm new to the Rockwell world. I have a project that I need help with. I have buttons with Bin numbers on them(text) - I want to be able to have the customer enter what is in each bin, as the product in them changes. So, the customer selects Bin 1 - a string enabled input comes up and they enter the new product. Which button is the best on to use? I am currently using a numeric Input enabled button to select the bin number, and highlight it, then a string input enabled button to enter the product. It's too cumbersome. From there, I use the string input to fill in a control list selector, where I can select the bin and label, and unload the product. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

welcome to the forum!

Can you post a screen shot of your current screen?
It's tough to imagine exactly what you're looking for.

I would love to - but I haven't figured out how to attach them......[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Set Bin Pos Presets.jpg Set Bin Labels.jpg

Attachments

• Select Bin Position.jpg
    Select Bin Position.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 41
kprafke i'm not sure that i fully understood what you want..but could
you put buttons (in your case from 1 to 15) and close to them string display.
In euch of your button put action "Display product_name".
Display "Product_name" will be your new display with string input to correct reference.

Could you give more detalis to load and unload action?

For the bin load/select you could use up & down arrows on the screen with an enter key.
You may like that better than the numeric input pop-up to select the bin number.

I think Suseh's idea is the way to go for the string inputs for the bin names.

arlenjacobs
still not sure that understood correctly. But...here is my solution.

Create a global object with button. Your global button will pass product name.
It is neccessary to display button name and also display new display where you put your product name. I used faceplate for this.
On the right side of your buttons you have product name.
When you click on it the correct box is appear (in my example i selected product number #2 -> i create a tag product_number_selected).

Is that what you want?
If yes i can send you this test program.

Test.png