We have a DHRIO module that is only using the remote I/O

to talk to (4) Hardy scale systems. Yesterday one of the

maintenance technicians turned the power off to one of the

scales and after powering back up the scale would not

communicate through the DHRIO module. The other nodes on the

network communicated fine, but the resolution was to unplug

the RIO cable from the card then re-connect. we tried powering

down the processor and toggling from run to program beforehand

but they didn't work. Has anyone ever had a similar issue.

The module didn't show any faults but after removing the plug

the scale started reading and so far no more problems.

Thanks in advance

That sounds like a situation in which the scale needed to receive a BTW for configuration prior to responding to the BTRs that receive data from the scales. Either that, or a fault on the BTR stopped the logic that should be triggering repetitive reads from the scale.

I would look at the logic for both the BTW and BTR associated with the scales. If you replicate the problem while monitoring this logic online, then you should be able to see where the problem lies.