ABB Freelance AC700 & AC900

Martindag

Hi guys, my boss and i are slowly planning to replace the control of our system
for all the mixer, water counter, temp controler we have, mostly dealing with digital IO, 4-20ma input and RTD temp probe. we estimate so far that we will need around 300 or more I/O.

We would like to know if any of you ever worked with these product before from ABB ? Freelance AC700 and AC900 and what would be your review about it ?.

My boss kinda like it for the price he can have it (around 6k$ CAN for a 300I/O) But so far i never had good experience in control with ABB, not that i dont to give it a chance if its really good but personaly i worked alot with AB would go with these if i could for a good price.

Thanks !

ABB's Freelance with it's new controllers AC700F&AC900F is a compact, reliable DCS system. It comes from Hartmann&Braun brand heritage as I remember. It has impressive backward compatibility and is very userfriendly. Call ABB or their rep. - they might come to you with które info.
Regards.

For that IO count I would consider using ABB AC500 with ABB Compact HMI or a third party SCADA like Ignition. Personally I am not very fond of the AC700 Freelance.

I agree at that low I/O count you could easily go with an AC500 system depending on your requirements, i.e. redundancy, hot swappable etc.