FTV_ME tag browser issues

bright676

When I use the tag browser, all my tags show up. But when I assign them I get this error-

"Failed to resolve item's ID '::[sss]B3:0/3' because it does not exist on any server"

What does this mean? If it does not exist on any server, how did the tag browser get it?

While In the tag browser, you can drop down to the line at the bottom and start typing in whatever you wish. Often I'll select something similar and drop down to edit it to what I really want - essentially overriding the tag browser.

How do you write a address for ftv-me? I see there is a lot of brackets and colens ect. Is all that necessary to write my own tag in ftv me? I am used to panel builder 32. this would be easier for me if I could just right my own.

I cannot help but have a look at this thread for more info:
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=78154

Maybe it can help.
You haven't said what PLC you're connecting with but it appears to NOT be a control or compact Logix. dmargineau mentions that some CPU controllers do NOT support tag addressing while the PV600 + FTVME application supports ONLY tag addressing.
You'll probably have to solve that problem or similar.

From tech support web site:

31000 - FactoryTalk View Studio Address Syntax for HMI Device Tags

Access Level: TechConnect
Date Created: 02/08/2005 12:00 AM
Last Updated: 03/30/2015 03:46 PM

Question

What syntax is used for assigning data source addresses to HMI device tags or direct references in RSView Studio?

Answer

In order to assign data source addresses to HMI device tags in FactoryTalk View Studio or assign direct references to tag connections of objects, the most common practice is to online browse for the required addresses. The communications shortcut must point to the correct controller in order to online browse.

If online browsing is not an option, the data source addresses can be entered manually. To manually enter the addresses certain addressing syntax must be followed and is summarized below.

Address Syntax for HMI Device Tags

Depending on which devices are being addressed the addressing syntax will vary. The differences in syntax reflect the differences in software used to program the controller. The ones discussed here will be devices programmable with RSLogix 5, RSLogix 500 and RSLogix 5000.

RSLogix 5

Depending on which controller device is selected the data file types that can be used with that controller will vary. The following are several data file examples and the syntax used when creating HMI device tags in RSView Studio:

Binary Data File
::[shortcut]B57:0/0
::[shortcut]BinaryDataFileDataFileNumber:Element/bit ==> if binary radix
::[shortcut]BinaryDataFileDataFileNumber:Element

Long Data File
::[shortcut]L56:0
::[shortcut]LongDataFileDataFileNumber:Element/bit ==> if binary radix
::[shortcut]LongDataFileDataFileNumber:Element

String Data File:
::[shortcut]ST61:30
::[shortcut]StringDataFileDataFileNumber:Element

Timer Data File:
::[shortcut]T59:12.ACC
::[shortcut]TimerDataFileDataFileNumber:Element
::[shortcut]TimerDataFileDataFileNumber:Element.ACC
::[shortcut]TimerDataFileDataFileNumber:Element.PRE
::[shortcut]TimerDataFileDataFileNumber:Element.EN
::[shortcut]TimerDataFileDataFileNumber:Element.TT
::[shortcut]TimerDataFileDataFileNumber:Element.DN

Float Data File:
::[shortcut]F8:20
::[shortcut]FloatDataFileDataFileNumber:Element

RSLogix 500

The syntax of addressing HMI device tags for devices in RSLogix 500 are the same as for RSLogix 5. The selection of programmable controllers vary for these two software programs, meaning that the data file types may also vary.

RSLogix 5000

The syntax of addressing HMI device tags for devices in RSLogix 5000 depends on the scope. When tags are created in RSLogix 5000 they can be created at the controller scope level (accessible to all routines), or at the program scope level (accessible to only the routines within a single program).

When a tag is created in the controller scope level the syntax for the HMI device tag address is as follows:

[shortcut]sampleTag1

When a tag is created at the program scope level the syntax for the HMI device tag address is as follows:

::[shortcut]Program:programName.sampleTag2

Address Syntax for Direct References

:If referencing tags directly (not HMI device tags) in the object connection tabs, the syntax is the same as above but with curly brackets.
RSLogix 5 and 500
{::[shortcut]N58:0}
RSLogix 5000
{[shortcut]sampleTag1}
or
{::[shortcut]Program:programName.sampleTag2}.

Address Syntax for HMI Tags

If referencing HMI tags (device or memory HMI tags) in the object connection tabs, the syntax is as follows

HMItag

This may help also:

46948 - "The item '::[Device_Shortcut]b3:0/3' does not exist on any server"

Access Level: TechConnect
Date Created: 12/04/2007 03:57 PM
Last Updated: 01/15/2015 09:51 PM

"The item '::[Device_Shortcut]b3:0/3' does not exist on any server."

Error message:

"The item 'Tag_Tag' does not exist on any server." OR "The item '::[Device_Shortcut]b3:0/3' does not exist on any server"

Cause:

'Tag_Tag' is a HMI tag as realized by the fact it has no device shortcut specified.

Solution:

Double check the HMI tag database and make sure the HMI tag name 'Tag_Tag' exists. Also double check the address for the tag 'Tag_Tag'. Make sure the address referenced by the HMI tag exists in the processor

Cause:

'::[Device_Shortcut]b3:0/3' is a direct reference tag and may have incorrect syntax or the tag does not exist in the PLC.

Solution:

Consider the validity of the syntax including tag address and shortcut spelling. If correct, check the existence of the tag (in this case b3:0/3) in the PLC