MicroLogix to yokogawa DCs Cs3000

izzarhman

Hello,

Have any one did modbus from AB ML1400/1100 to Yokogawa DCS?I have done from CPlogix to DCS and was so simple on Modbus TCP. However I tried TCP for ML1400 to Yokogawa DCS and no response same as MOdbus RTU for ML1100 to DCS.
I know my settings are good on both because I tested them on MOdbus Poll Master simulator and it is reading fine (both ML1400 TCP and ML1100 RTU slave).

Help me with your experiences, Thankyou

Hi,

We have used the ML1400 (Rev B) for Modbus TCP (client and server) a few times, without issue - talking to several servers with the 1400 as client, no problems. We have also used the ML1100 & ML1400 for Modbus RTU (Master and Slave), again, without issue. Do you have access to the Yokogawa settings? If you have proved your own communication with simulation software, then you are not far away! (nothing to say it isn't the DCS that's the problem - has been known!) ;)

Regards,

Rob

Thanks Kidblue for your confirmations.I had a look again on my ML1100 RTU modbus and it was a cable issue.I home made a 1763-Nc01 and did not done it well.
I still have issues with Modbus TCP (ML1400) to DCS, I tried using the DCS modbus driver Clogix/SLC5 but nothing change except the DCS locked me out and sent the ethernet Comms card into Fault mode.I read a note on the web instructing to upgrade the firmware of the ML1400 to the latest version but have'nt tried it yet.I think all my settings are correct.If you can give a brief steps in your ML1400 TCP (I will very much appreciate.)I will compare and see where I might missed something etc...

Cheers

Hi,

Here's a couple of screen shots that may help. Again, you may find the ML1400 side is actually configured correctly, and it's the DCS side that may be the problem! Are you configured as the Client or Server on the Micrologix side? You can download a free (2 hour runtime) version of Kepware that may help you diagnose the particular problem you have. See here http://www.kepware.com/

Regards,

Rob

ML1400_MBUS_TCP#1.jpg ML1400_MBUS_TCP#2.jpg ML1400_MBUS_TCP_RD#3.jpg ML1400_MBUS_TCP_WR#4.jpg