Data Collection using a PV+ 600?

CobMoo

Hey all,

I have a PV+ 600 connected to a MicroLogix 1400. On the Micrologix I have 3 data files each consisting of 100 float values. I would like to have an onscreen button that when pressed takes these 300 values and creates a csv, or other easily readable filetype. I would like to save this file onto a flash drive connected to the usb port on the PV+.

I have looked at DataStore Plus but it seems that this is much more suited for logging data periodically. Maybe there are some settings I missed that will allow this to accomplish my goal, but I was unable to find them.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I have fiddled with the DataStore Plus and enabling it for 2 seconds at a time, which caused the 1 second cyclic rate to perform exactly one read of the data source and save it to a file.

The DataStore Plus only handles 100 floating-point values and 50 String values, so it won't handle all 300 of your desired data elements.

The lack of a configurable on-demand event and data logger is one of the weaknesses of FactoryTalk View ME that sent me elsewhere for my HMI needs.