4-20mA signal generator

ken c

anyone have a parts list to build a 4-20mA signal generator? I have a 24V dc power supply rated at 2.4 amps. this will be used for testing of a PLC (e.g. simulating signals). I'd like the ability to have multiple signals, individually adjustable.

4 to 20 ma signal

You're smart. I use 3 0r 5k ohm potentiometer(pot), 2 watt maybe. This is useful in making the PLC thinks that the transducer output is changing in values or reacting to what it is sensing.

The thing could also be used as voltage output as in many sensors that can output either ma or volts.

Re: 4 to 20 ma signal

BOB F said:
You're smart.

Well Tom

You are finally getting the recognition you deserve
icon_wink.gif

Paul

Similar Topics

Hey folks, I have a situation where I need to connect a 4-20mA transmitter to an AI card that only does 0-20mA. On top of that it only has 8 bit...
Replies
Views
So, gentlemen, I am going to ask if there is any set length that should be followed for a analog signal. We are installing a system for a plant...
Replies
Views
I am trying to debug a pressure transmitter that outputs a 4-20 mA signal. Currently , the value is changing on the HMI screen and PLC depending...
Replies
Views
Just asking for clarification here, but from my research all I need is a 500 ohm resistor across the AI and the common? Heres my schematic. I...
Replies
Views
Any one know of way to split a 4-20 mA signal 4 ways? Do they even make such a device? Thanks
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom