rsview32 alarm problem

chotu

iam using rsview32 for SLC500/5 processor.we have 9 motors to control in the process.suppose if motor 6 trips, iam getting alarm as if 7 trips. i tried in tag data base, name of the tag is correct(i.e motor 6 overload trip). but by manual tripping the motor 6 iam getting alarm as "motor 7 over load trip". how to resolve it.

1. Check wire in control cabinet (whether correct signal goes into right input plc card).
If yes, go to #2.
2. Check i/o address rather than tag name. You could have proper tag name but not i/o address.

how to scale analog signal in control builder5.0

i need to change the scaled values of analog input signal. how can i do this. actually iam new to ABB PLC

sir wiring is correct and IO mapping is also correct. when i manually trip motor 7, it is getting tripped in field and same is being displayed in SCADA.

Actually I am new to ABB PLC.

I think that you meant "AB PLCs" (for the Allen Bradley brand). There is a brand called ABB that makes PLCs, but that is not the maker of the RSView32 software and the SLC 500/5 that you mentioned.

sir wiring is correct and IO mapping is also correct. when i manually trip motor 7, it is getting tripped in field and same is being displayed in SCADA.
The tag that RUNS Motor 6 is probably not the same tag as the Motor 6 Overload Alarm tag. That is the one you need to check in RSView32 Works to see if it is actually "mapped" to the PLC address for the Motor 7 Overload Trip Alarm. The programs are still "dumb", not smart enough to know if a tag has been mapped to the wrong PLC address. It happens a lot, specially where the error is a difference of only 1 bit.

There is also the case where motors are interlocked such as in a string of conveyors, so that if one goes OFF, then the next one downstream also must be automatically turned OFF by the control system to avoid dumping material in the floor, or other messy results. But if you alarms are programmed correctly, and automatic interlock should not result in an Overload Trip alarm.

Last edited:
sir i dint check the IO mapping, but if IO mapping is the problem it should reflect in SCADA graphic also.. ok ok so now i should see the tag database in rsview32 works. and check weather description is correct or not.

regarding ABB PLC i posted in wrong thread. actually i need to know about scaling of analog signal in control builder3.2. and which mode of programing is simple in control builder, ladder logic of functional block diagram