excel vba to plc

ali makki

Is there any way that I can toggle a bit from Microsoft Excel into a AB PLC processor via a RXLINX DDE server if so what is the code instuction that I have to use

Taken from this thread (not my own code)

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=75889

Posted by bmacattack33

Hi,
Are you using a DDEInitiate command to open the topic on the button-click code? Here's a template of how I've always used DDEPoke:

Code:
Code:

Private Sub MyButton_Click()
    rslinx = OpenRSLinx()

DDEPoke rslinx, "N7:0", Cells(1, 1)

End Sub

Private Function OpenRSLinx()
    On Error Resume Next

'Open the connection to RSLinx
    OpenRSLinx = DDEInitiate("RSLINX", "My_Topic")

'Check if the connection was made
    If Err.Number <> 0 Then
        MsgBox "Error Connecting to topic", vbExclamation, "Error"
        OpenRSLinx = 0 'Return false if there was an error
    End If

End Function
For your application, just replace "My_Topic" with your topic name, and "N7:0" with the PLC address you are writing to, and "Cells(1, 1)" with the Cell in your worksheet that contains the value you are wanting to load in your PLC.

If this doesn't help, or you can't get it to work, post your vba code, and a screen-shot of your topic config in RSLinx would be helpful, and hopefully I or someone else can straighten it out for you.

Cheers,
Dustin