Citect Comms to Compact Logix - Help !

EICS_2

need some fast help with getting comms to my I/O device Citect Compact Logix 1769-l33ER. i have another compact logix device that has been comunicating for years without trouble, cannot get this one online keep getting a generic error 8. please see attached board, port and i/o device forms screen shot.

HELP!

1/ first screen shot is my device which will not communicate
2/ second screen shot is my device which does communicate and has been trouble free for years

COMMS.jpg existing COMMS.jpg

Last edited:
Configuration looks Ok.
Can you ping the PLC IP from the Citect server? i notice the addresses are different subnets (10.15.35 and 10.15.34).
If so reply back with
Citect Version
ABCLX Version
Compact Logix firmware version

Also have you enabled logging for the ABCLX driver?

Configuration looks Ok.
Can you ping the PLC IP from the Citect server? i notice the addresses are different subnets (10.15.35 and 10.15.34).
If so reply back with
Citect Version
ABCLX Version
Compact Logix firmware version

Also have you enabled logging for the ABCLX driver?

Hi Andrew, thanks for the reply yes i can ping the plc my subnet mask for all devices on network = 255.255.254.0 so i can see both subnets.

citect is V7.2 SP4
not sure on ABCLX version (where do i find this?)
PLC is FW 20.01 (the other processor is much older version around 15 -17 from memory) do you think it may be compatibility issue?

thanks again.

Last edited:
OK should be ok with that mask.

There was a few compatability issues from about firmware 19 from memory but latest driver has them resolved. You can see the version of your driver by either finding the ABCLX.DLL in the Citect bin directory and right click properties and then details tab will have the version.
Or go into the kernel (if running in multi processor mode make sure you open kernel of IO server) and the open the drivers and should show the details of each port driver as you page down.

Just had a look a driver release notes and probably need version 3.04.30.000 as a minimum.

Last edited:
Many thanks Andrew, really appreciate your help here, i think i'm buggered as i don't have support to get the new driver. i will check version and report back. thanks again.

It may be your issue but best to check everything else as well.

Enable ABCLX logging by adding the following to your Citect.ini file and then re start the project.
For each port it will create 3 files a *_subscribe.txt, *_opt_blocks.txt and *_TagList.txt which will be by default located in the logs directory under the Citect data directory. Post those 3 files back here for the IO device port with the issue.

[ABCLX]
ConnTimeout = 30000
DebugCategory = ALL
DebugLevel = ALL
Inittimeout = 60000
LogTagInfo = 1

Made some changes to comms as i had to shut my primary server down too much for testing.

1/ screenshot of boards, ports, I/O forms.
2/ screen shot of driver errors
3 -5/ log files.

COMMS.jpg I_O Errors.JPG

Attachments

• StandbyIOServer2__BOARD4_PORT4_TagList.txt
    254.3 KB · Views: 52
  • StandbyIOServer2__BOARD4_PORT4_subscribe.txt
    264 bytes · Views: 39
  • StandbyIOServer2__BOARD4_PORT4_opt_blocks.txt
    55 bytes · Views: 20
OK your tag addressing is wrong.
See in the subscribe.txt, that No at the end of the tag should be a yes. Change the Citect address from FT117/PV to FT117.PV.

ID 0x01815290 Tag : FT117/PV Tag in PLC No

Can you throw up a screenshoot of the tag in the PLC, it is a controller scope tag?
Also a screen shot of the variable tag form in Citect project editor.
Delete those log files and re-start Citect and post log files again.

1/ tag screen shot
2/ log files
3-5/ tag database from plc

a_Tag.jpg plc.jpg

Attachments

• StandbyIOServer2__BOARD4_PORT4_opt_blocks.txt
    55 bytes · Views: 16
  • StandbyIOServer2__BOARD4_PORT4_subscribe.txt
    88 bytes · Views: 15
  • StandbyIOServer2__BOARD4_PORT4_TagList.txt
    254.3 KB · Views: 15