Crimson 3.0 Numeric Entry Expression Help.

Shiro485

Hello all,
Does anyone know how I could have a numeric entry primitive object, take the operator input and multiply by 100. How could I write an expression for this?

Hello all,
Does anyone know how I could have a numeric entry primitive object, take the operator input and multiply by 100. How could I write an expression for this?

You can create a tag for the numeric entry and then create an additional tag as a general tag and use the first tag in a data expression. Or you can simply create a general tag referencing the plc address in the data expression. I will attach a couple of snips of what I mean.

Hope this helps,
Dave

plc's example 1.PNG plc's example 2.PNG

You can create a numeric entry associated with Tag1.
Then go to the parameters for Tag1, under Triggers -> Trigger One.
Trigger Mode: Change in Value
Value: Complex: Tag2 = 100 * Tag1;

Every time the user enters a new value for Tag1, Tag2 is recalculated.

In the spirit of troubleshooting, I would probably do this in the PLC instead even though the Crimson software makes it so easy to accomplish this type if thing.

And if you don't already have enough options, I would just use the scaling feature on the Data tab of the tag and not have anything "fancy" or hidden or need a 2nd tag. I am pretty sure that is the most commonly used purpose of that feature in Crimson.

And if you don't already have enough options, I would just use the scaling feature on the Data tab of the tag and not have anything "fancy" or hidden or need a 2nd tag. I am pretty sure that is the most commonly used purpose of that feature in Crimson.

I would second this, I routinely scale things to engineering units before sending them.