FT 7 SQL error

Jcooli09

Hey, guys. I've got a new one I'm pulling my hair out over.

My company is switching domains, which isn't that big a deal unless you forget about the vessels which are only in port and connected about 1/4 of the time. They switched domains while the vessel was in port, but a re-login fixed that issue. Then another vessel with the same login hit another port and the solution was to switch the userID back to the original domain.

When the first vessel returned again, FactoryTalk 7 won't load. It gives an error message that Sql server instance 'FTViewx64TagDB" can't be found and to reload it.

The file is there, right where it always was. I tried re-installing SQL from the disk as advised on the error message, but it won't install because it already exists. I tried wiping it first, but FT still can't find it.

Anyone else ever run into this?