External Encoder - Mitsubishi L series PLC

UKB

Hello,

I am trying to configure a MR J4 servo amp to accept an external encoder input on CN2L port.
Nothing appears to be working.
Has anyone here successfully used an MR J4 servo with a non mitsi external encoder ? (encoder is TTL)

Kind Regards,
UKB. ( i am newb)

Anyone here have any experience with Melservo J4 Amplifiers?

I have a differential ABZ style sick encoder which is giving a pulse train output when I connect a scope to A & B channels.

When I connect this to CN2L Port on the J4 amp I cannot see the incoming pulses despite various configurations of the software parameters.

Any help would be appreciated

UKB.

E2A: Wiring has been double checked and proven (scope) . This is starting to wear thin!