factory talk studio pop up screen help

stu

hi guys
its been a while since I have had to think about factory talk studio,I have been ask to put an acknowledge pop up screen on a pvp, what they want is , if a recipe is changed we get an input into the plc to latch the pop up page to open to make an reminder to check the silo, and then on the pop up we will have a reminder message and a accept button which will unlatch the pop up screen , but Im a bit stuck on how to go about it , have you got any ideas that I could try thanks stu

Hi I have just tried the global connection remote display and I have used a mov instructions to call the screen in the plc which works but when I press the confirm button it changes in the plc but I can't get the pop up to dissappear it stays on the screen even if I move another display number into the remote display ?? I have even tried to close all pop ups can anyone help I'm nearly there ?? the plc im using is micrologixs 1400

I think you need a macro button (it has been a long time since I programmed a PV+) so you can write a macro that does two things:
3. Set the confirm tag in the PLC
2. close the pop-up display

I have done it without a macro - I just set a bit in the PLC, and the PLC turns off the bit and closes the popup.

One thing that caught me about the "close popup window" global connection is that it's not a boolean tag that, when turned on, closes the current popup window. It's a numeric tag, and when you send it a number other than zero, it closes the popup with that display number only.

Although it's odd that your "close all on top displays" global connection doesn't seem to work...

stu said:
I can't get the pop up to dissappear it stays on the screen even if I move another display number into the remote display

To hazard a guess, I would suggest that your popup is set to be always on top. The "replace display number" only changes the display behind your popups, i.e. "replace" type displays. Another semantics gotcha, it's not a command to replace the display, it's a replace type display number.

edit: also, make sure you understand the difference between the "remote display number" and "replace display number". Another semantics thing that always trips me up ;)

I have done it without a macro - I just set a bit in the PLC, and the PLC turns off the bit and closes the popup.

One thing that caught me about the "close popup window" global connection is that it's not a boolean tag that, when turned on, closes the current popup window. It's a numeric tag, and when you send it a number other than zero, it closes the popup with that display number only.

Although it's odd that your "close all on top displays" global connection doesn't seem to work...

have you got an example that I can see this may me easier ? ive been trying to do this on night shift but no joy thanks for your help guys

I have had a thought rather the getting a screen to pop up I have created a panel with a viability tag trigger had to remember first thanks again good people