Baird Controls Inc. Flowmeter

OkiePC

Lifetime Supporting Member
Anybody know if these guys are still around?

Not really important if they are not, just a change order we might add onto our next job to repair this flow meter or replace it. The flowmeter in the pit is under water so it may be fried too.

Oh, and what is an "Ultrasonic Impeller" or does that mean either on the remote head?

Paul

KIMG0084.jpg KIMG0085.jpg

I couldn't find anything on the web for them. I would guess they are long gone.

What are you measuring?

Municipal water from a booster station. We are putting in McCrometer UltraMags at most other locations on this job. This one was not in the bid, but may get added on. If we could fix the existing one cheap, that would be alright for this particular station.

My boss who has been in the water industry for over 20 years has never seen Baird before. The caption on the door piqued my curiosity. Is it an impeller or ultrasonic or both?

Last edited:
It is common to use potting to seal the junction box of a flow meter installed below grade where flooding can happen. Be sure to take that into account with your replacement.