S7-1200 Recipes over Ethernet?

Sam Kennedy

I was wondering if there was a way to send recipe data to an S7-1200 connected via ethernet to a PC, where the PC uploads a CSV file containing the data, or sends the recipe some other way?

In TIA portal it looks like there are only blocks to write CSV files and not read them, but I'm new to this!

Thank you :)

You need an OPC Server/ Client to exchange information from PC to PLC.
Can be a Siemens or 3th party solution.

The S7-1200 has open communications features, you could receive a string with TRCV_C, then parse and convert the data to a recipe. I use TSEND_C extensively, though to be honest I haven't used TRCV_C.

Similar Topics

Hey all, I'm playing with my s7-1200 starterkit. And i saw that i can make recipes. Is there a manual somewhere where this function is...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone. Here's my issue: I have to do a recipe management from the cpu and not from hmi. The plc is a Siemens S7-1200, with a 1214C cpu...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Currently having trouble getting a speed reference to write over modbus to an Omron M1... I can successfully write a run command and...
Replies
Views
HI i would like to know how to get a variable that will store the amount of times a program has been executed. The issue is I have 3 DBs for 1 FB...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have attached herewith one image which our programmer has been used in S7 1500 PLC. Now we need to use the same instructions in S7 1200 PLC...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom