MicroLogix 1100 and RSLogix 500/Lite

Bulman

Hey guys,

Apologies for being a new poster and not contributing before I needed help my self. Any way for my Uni Project I'm trying to use PLC's. Basically I've used Mitsubishi before and they were really easy and simple to set up. Now i am trying to use a MicroLogix 1100 (college provided) and have stumbled at every hurdle (all new to me and trying to self teach I guess its not hard just new)!

Where i need your help is, I have finally got to hooking up the 1100, but in RSlogix 500 and Lite software, it's picking up that it's a MicroLogix 1100 Series A but it's only saying there are 6 Inputs and 4 Outputs which is incorrect as i have a 1763-L16BWA which has 12 inputs, 2 being analogue and then 6 outputs. Now going on I/O Config and pressing Adv Config I can't edit how many inputs and outputs! Having skimmed the internet and this site I can't find any answers, so how do I use the other Inputs/Outputs?

The main importance of this is that for my project i was hoping to use all Outputs and one of the Analogue Inputs!

Thanks

I have loaded RSlogix lite and created a new project with a 1100 series A.

When I go into Advanced config, it says there are 6 input WORDS and 4 output WORDS.

Your 6 outputs would be O:0/0 through 0:0/5, as can be seen by double clicking the output data file O0 on the left hand side

Head over to youtube and check out PLC professor channel for some good videos on Logix 500

What it is showing is the number of Input words and Output words available. Those do not directly transfer to the number I/O. I am not sure of how the number of words and the physical I/O work together but hopefully someone will come along and clue us both in.

Here is a screen shot from one of my programs. It shows the same thing.

Capture.jpg

Well now i feel really stupid! I was getting confused with this whole "on bit level" thinking that O:0/0 - O:6/0 would be your output One to Six but as mentioned by MSP, O:0/0 -O:0/6 are your outputs.

So this thread isn't totally pointless could you enlighten me on whats the point in having O:1/0 then, is this for expansion cards or what?

Yes, if you added a digital output module to the next slot over to the CPU, then it would occupy slot 1, and as you say O:1/0