Syntax help

PLC Pie Guy

Hey all.
A quick FTV V8. question.

I want to display the value of an integer (Line speed) if the value of (Line Running) is 1. If the value is 0 than display 0. What is wrong with my syntax?

If {Main_Line_Running} == 1 Then {Main_Line_Speed} else == 0

I am trying to show the value in a numeric display.

Thanks

If that's correctly typed, you shouldn't have the "==" between "else" and "0"

If {Main_Line_Running} == 1 Then {Main_Line_Speed} else 0

I don't know this particular software, but you are not assigning Main_line_Speed or 0 to anything.

I suspect you need something like:

If {Main_Line_Running} == 1 Then
X={Main_Line_Speed}
else
X= 0

Also make sure your syntax is right.
== is usually for comparing, not assigning.
You need semicolons?
You need an end or endif?

@Boneless no, you do not have to make an assignment. For an IF A THEN onething ELSE anotherthing expression, the value of onething or anotherthing will be returned.

Sorry if I weren't clear.
I am wanting to display the value of mainline speed on the screen.
If the line running bit = 0 I want to display 0.
I am not trying to assign anything.
Simply display the value of the main line speed only if the line is running.

Thanks

@Boneless no, you do not have to make an assignment. For an IF A THEN onething ELSE anotherthing expression, the value of onething or anotherthing will be returned.

OK, thank you! :). I have been spending to much time playing with my Arduino ;).

If {Main_Line_Running} == 1 Then {Main_Line_Speed} else 0

This is the winner. The issue I had was for some reason the project did not like being referenced to an actual input (main drive running). Once I made this tag look at a B3 bit all is well.

Thanks