RSLogix 5000

Chermie

Hello everyone,
I am trying to set up a bit shift left array using Allen Bradley rslogix 5000 for the counting of items on a production line. I have done this before using an OMRON PLC with a shift register function. This function moved just 1 bit at a time through the array (so only 1 bit was on at a time). I can't seem to get the BSL array to do the same thing. The array appears to be configured correctly as there are no errors generated. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the Forum!

What Version of RSLogix5000 are you using?

What PLC Model and Firmware, or are you using a Simulator?

Can you Post your PLC Code? (Zip it first)

AB Instructions are implemented different than Omron, so there is a bit of a learning curve involved.

Stu....

Ok, that sounds good. Exactly which Omron Shift Instruction are you referring to?

What exactly isn't working on the Logix BSL?

You need both a Bit Address for the Bit to be shifted, and a Contact in the Rung to cause the Shift.

Stu....

Hi

If I am reading this correct yiu what to shift word holding a value and not a bit.
The bsl stands for bit shift left, so I would use a fifo or set up a array and call it scratch or something like that and use the cop to copy your array into word 1 of the array and then cop it back to word 1 of you array. Then word 0 of your array will be where you place the next value. The last or highest word or guys array will just get lost then ever time you do this.

Donnchadh

Hello again everyone,
Thanks very much for your input but I have worked out the bit shift left and it will do exactly as I want for the application I am going to use.
Once again thank you all.