Problem About using from Event Task in Advantech Apax5520-KW

hi dears
i use from advantech apax-5520KW plc and i use from Multiprog software for programming it.
i need to use from interrupt in my program. because of this i defined event task. but unfortunately i donot know how can i enable event.of course there is a function block that called event_task but unfortunately it does not work in apax-5520kw! so how can i enable events in this PLC?

Not sure your meaning of interrupt. But I was able to use event blocks in v5.35.

Remember to set Plc/Processor for each program properties to match the Configuration and Resource.

2015-05-11_11-01-10.png 2015-05-11_11-01-30.png

problem about EVENT_TASK function block.

thanks for your reply but the function block that called "EVENT_TASK", it is not usable in APAX5520KW and when i inserted this function block i faced with ERROR Message.

Yes, I tested it on a APAX-5520KW and the block works fine. Using Multiprog 5.35

You need to set the PLC/Processor properties to have the blocks show up.

thanks for your reply
at first i apology for my poor english.
fortunately i could set up event task. and i could enter in Event task very good.of course there is a problem and it is:i defined a physical input as execution of "Event_Task" block.and in task event program i defined a outout.process work in this form: when i active a physical input, the output be active. and i measure time between incoming input and activation of output. unfortunately every time i measure this time, i see different time and i feel my event is depended to my task interval, how can i omit this dependence?

Explaining it like that; yes, that is more like the classical Interrupt. A line running from the Input that stops the CPU from executing the current code and handle the Routine assigned to the input.

The APAX has no Interrupts or have the ability to emulate that behavior. The inner cyclic task sits and spins, checking the input status. Once the block input goes high the event routine is executed. You can't have an event run faster than the cyclic task checking the I/O.

thank you. of curse after different test i reached to same result with you. but if we be limited to cyclic task, so we have to decrease time interval as possible as we can.but there is a problem: we can not decrease time interval of cyclic task less than 1 ms. while the cpu scan rate of this model is 520 MHZ! how we can decrease the time interval?