AB 1336 VFD question

draganjr

I have a question regarding the 1336 drive. We need to replace them and I would like to know what a a good cross reference drive.

Thank you

David

The Dallas Morning News.

It depends on how you are controlling the 1336 presently. I worked in a plant where we upgraded to PowerFlex 700 pretty successfully, but it is definitely not a drop in replacement.

Give us more info:
1. How many drives?
2. What HP?
3. Are you using RIO, ControlNet, Devicenet or another comms interface with the old drives?
4. Also, there are a few variants of the 1336 out there, so the exact type of VFD you already have might be important too.

It depends on how you are controlling the 1336 presently. I worked in a plant where we upgraded to PowerFlex 700 pretty successfully, but it is definitely not a drop in replacement.

Give us more info:
1. How many drives?
2. What HP?
3. Are you using RIO, ControlNet, Devicenet or another comms interface with the old drives?
4. Also, there are a few variants of the 1336 out there, so the exact type of VFD you already have might be important too.
There are specific published guides available regarding upgrading to PF700 and now, PF750 series drives. But OkiePCs questions remain part of that process no matter what you decide, so start there.

You can also have A-B do the swap-out for you and take responsibility for making everything work the same. They have a service that will investigate your old drive, build a drop-in panel with the new drive and have it completely set up as a fast swap-out so you get minimal down time.

We still have about 40 x 1336 drives in service. No migration plan in place.

Fingers X'd.

David,

Whatever particular 1336 drives you want to migrate from, hopefully it is covered somewhere in these...

66432 - Migrate from a Legacy Drive,1336 to a PowerFlex Class Drive
Access Level: Everyone

473925 - AC Drives: Migration/Conversion Guide and Drive Differences

114803 - What is the recommended replacement for 1336S PLUS or 1336F PLUS II frequency converters
Access Level: TechConnect

Regards,
George

Thank y'all.

3. Are you using RIO, ControlNet, Devicenet or another comms interface with the old drives? - NONE, does not talk back to anything. Only thing we have on it is AUX for fire system. If there is a fire the AUX will stop power disabling the drive.

I think we are going with the PF753. Motors are 10HP and again the voltages is 480.

The 1336 is an original from what I see, 1993/1995. We do have 1336 Plus II but that one is still good.

How can I tell which one is the one we have? It only reads on the nameplate CAT 1336-B010-E00-L3

66432 - Migrate from a Legacy Drive,1336 to a PowerFlex Class Drive

473925 - AC Drives: Migration/Conversion Guide and Drive Differences

How can I tell which one is the one we have? It only reads on the nameplate CAT 1336-B010-E00-L3

Since there is not a character right after "1336", I am pretty sure you have a plain vanilla 1336 VFD. There was the 1336 plus, plus II, impact, and perhaps others and I think they each had a designation letter right after the "1336" but before the "-".

If it has the red LED display then it is a classic 1336, there were also Force drives as well as the ones OkiePC mentioned.

The 1336 drives were all rated at 150% overload not like the newer drives which are rated at 110% overload, for a direct replacement you need to specify the new drives as Heavy Duty.

Alan