Foundation Fieldbus

Edmhydraulics

Good day everyone, I have a customer that wants to connect one of our systems to a DCS running Foundation Fieldbus on fibre optic. Any Idea where to start, we typically use either Schneider or Siemens PLC's.

I have done some research and found a Softing product, FG-110-FF Gateway which might to the trick, but I am pretty unfamiliar with Foundation.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks

Foundation Fieldbus (FF) is primarily a DCS communication protocol.

There's a field instrument Fieldbus called H1 that runs at about 40kbaud and there is a separate Ethernet Fieldbus, called HSE, that runs at ethernet speeds.

I would think a PLC would communicate on the HSE bus, not the H1 bus.

But before I got mired in FF, I'd ask if their DCS is an OPC client, because most DCS are.

If it is an OPC client, then get yourself a $1,000 OPC server from Kepware and let the OPC server talk to the OPC client and avoid the quagmire of yet another fieldbus.