Can't see Historical Trend in FactoryTalk View SE (Network)

Dave42

I use FactoryTalk View SE (Site Edition) Network and I encounter the problem about Historical Trend as follows;

After a recent power outage causing an unexpected shutdown all of our systems came up accordingly with only minimal struggles. Not until now after an operator brought this to my attention did I notice that none of the trends running through FactoryTalk View are displaying any data, our other historian program (PI) is running fine but the trends on our HMI screens do not go through that.

I have tried to removing and re adding the pens to no avail
I have fiddled with almost every setting in the trends properties that could pertain to this
I have also made changes to the data log's trigger events in hopes that would help

Nothing

Can anyone suggest something to fix this problem?

Thank

Dave

Restart Historian.bat - should have a batch script to restart it the proper way.

Also, make sure the PiConnector is setup on all of the clients running - either on a terminal server, HMI server, or HMI node if not distributed.

Do you know what the name of the script? I see some program in the Rockwell software folder but this says it will release licenses and shut down clients.
Can this be done without shutting down any of the HMI clients?

What .bat files do you see? I recall there was a shutdown and start .bat that could be ran.

Alternatively you could reboot the server running historian. The .bat files are nicer because they do things in the proper order.

HMIs can stay running - but they WILL lose the connection to historian as that will be resetting.

Depending on how you have your connection buffers set on your IO servers you might lose some historical data.

Have you given rockwell tech support a call? When you get to their historian division they've been able to help me right away.