S7 profibus and sew movidrive Problems

buildr

I have a S7-313-2dp processor and I ma trying to connect via profibus to a sew mdx61b. I can send data to and recieve from the drive but it will not run. The drive says "waiting on Data".
Spent all day on phone with sew and still no resolution. Has anyone else encountered this? or have any ideas? I have set the drive up and used a supplied sample program from sew. I can enable and disable the drive i get status back from drive. Just will not run "Waiting On Data".

try to connect the drive with its programming software from sew and try to see the setpoint sent to the drive via profibus
try to see the control word sent to the drive in a variable table

I've encountered the same problem once. Unfortunately I didn't have the time to investigate it thouroughly then, but the quickfix turned out to be as simple as plugging in the keypad and let it sit there. If I just plugged it in and removed it the problem came back after rebooting.

I have setup drive with motion studio. It is setup for fieldbus. And when you go online with the drive and check the bus status it is receiving the run command and a reference. But still says waiting on data. I did talk to tech support again, their only suggestion is defaulting the drive back to factory and starting over. As soon as I get to try that I'll post a update.

What's the full configuration of the drive?
IPOS with one of SEW's built in functions?
Something else?
What's the configuration of the drive in the Siemens HW-config?
Screenshots might help here. :D

Can you confirm the firmware revision? I have a weak memory of ditditdatdatdit.17. I was using the IPOS function "extended bus positioning". I tried the factory reset. (actually this was causing the trouble in the first place)Will get back with more info as soon as I'm back in town...

Reset drive back to factory and started over. Working for now. I have 7 of these total to install. So we will see how the rest of them go.

We need some more info to help you.
What I can gather is that you did the complete drive start up from Motion studio. Did you select the Control by IPOs programming,or are you going to use the table positioning standard setup from SEW,or is it the standard Modulo function from SEW.If you are using Ipos, make sure that the IPOS program is started using the IPOS compiler program. You can see if it is running by looking at the small red dot next to the status display on the drive. If it is flashing the programming is running.

Last edited: