panelview plus alarms

cjd1965

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi
I have 128 alarms,set as 4 dints in an array
I have a trigger with L4 etc and created some alarms.

If i generate the plc coil for the alarm the HMI is very slow to respond....maybe 1 minute... before the alarm shows up in the alarm list display which is not good at all

Is there a way of refreshing the alarm list? I was thinking of looking for a change in the alarm DINTS and if a change detected do a refresh

Cheers

Could be a few different reasons for the slow Alarms.
But no, there is no way to trigger an alarm refresh in the PanelView; it does that automatically every X seconds (alarm update rate).

If you show a msec timer value (from the PLC) on a screen, how fast does that update?
ie. is this an Alarm problem, or are communications slow in general?

What network are you using? DH+, RIO, and serial each have their own special limits and ways to optimize.
An overloaded network can make updates very slow.

Are you using HMI tags? Change those to direct reference; specific to FTalkView, HMI tags are slower to update.