FTView SE VBA - get tag value from parameter

ASF

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,

I've got a popup window in FTView SE which, when called, displays a string and an integer specified by the call parameters. i.e., I press a button, and it runs the command "Display popup_window /T string_tag, int_tag". Then in the popup, the string display connection tag is {#1} and the integer display connection tag is {#2}. That all works fine. But what I want to do is to get the value of whichever integer tag is being displayed, with VBA.

The code I have is:
Code:
Public MyTagGroup As TagGroup
Dim IntegerValue As Tag

Private Sub Display_AnimationStart()

If MyTagGroup Is Nothing Then
    Set MyTagGroup = Application.CreateTagGroup(Me.AreaName, 1000)
    Set IntegerValue = MyTagGroup.Add(Me.TagParameters.Item(2))
End If

But I get the VBA error "Invalid procedure call or argument" on the last line where I'm trying to set the IntegerValue tag to be that tag.

Can anyone give me a little more insight into what this error means in practice, or what the correct syntax should be?

Thanks!