Wonderware

sirhiss2

HELP!!!!! :(
I need you guy's help!
I have an interview on monday afternoon for an instructional assistant
position at one of our local colleges.
They want me to do a 15 min presentation to "explain the process to develop a HMI to control and display I/O data from a PLC program using Wonderware Intouch ". :eek: I tracked down a copy of Wonderware intouch V7.11. It all looks greek to me! I'm just new to this stuff, and trying to learn as fast as possible. The funny thing is they don't use that program there for their HMI's. :rolleyes: They have a Siemens Automation Lab and use PCS7 software for this. I know, i'm a temp Instructor there right now. I only have a short time to prepair for this. Can someone take pitty on me and guide me through this process? You guys know all the good stuff. :nodi: I'm after learning alot from this forum.
All help is appreciated.
Screen shots would be nice to if you can.
Thank you so much!

thanks guys!
that is a really good link.
I'm going through the tutorial on intouch right now.
This site Rocks!!! :p

Hi Again.
I went through the tutorial. Not Bad.
It still don't describe how to configure it to operate from a PLC.
When you set up your tags you have to give it a PLC address, a place to get information from. So if you had a siemens 300 series PLC it would be a word address like PQW or PIW for analog signals or I or Q for Descrete addresses. But you have to setup a communications Driver, inwhich it do not show you how to do this. Can you get an MPI driver for this software Like what's in WinCC? How would you go about setting this up? I looked at the I/O Servers Disc with the software and did not see anything there for seimens I/O other then
S7-TagCreator, Profibus FMS or SiematicNet (requires Ip Address for Industrial Ethernet. I don't have it setup yet). How would I know which driver to use. With WinCC I use MPI Driver and it works like a charm, no problems. Can someone help me out?

Thanks

Terry

I tried to get into the link you sent me but it won't let me in.
When I try to register they say that I am already registered. 🔨
I'm not! Never heard of wonderware before thursday. Go figure!
Is there another way of getting the info you pointed me to?

Sorry

I am a registered in support OEM for wonderware, the link I posted was actually looking for cookies on my computer to allow access.

Which driver seems to be what you need (please pick one from below)
Siemens 3964R User's Guide

Siemens S5 / TI-500 User's Guide

Siemens SIMATIC NET S7 User's Guide

Siemens SIMATIC TI CVU-TIWAY User's Guide

Siemens SIMATIC TI Direct User's Guide

Siemens SIMATIC TI TIWAY User's Guide

Siemens SINEC H1 CP1413 User's Guide

Siemens SINEC L2 FDL A2 User's Guide

Marc

I'm Not Sure :confused:
I'm trying to make up a power point presentation on how to use wonderware intouch to develop a hmi to control and display i/o data from a plc program.

The Lab we have here has S7-315-2dp PLCs all networked using MPI.
I wanted to use a MPI Driver (Like WinCC in PCS7). The tutorial says to use I/o Servers Disk to locate driver. I can't identify wich driver I would use. We also have SLC 500 /3 is a lab here, so if you don't know which siemens driver maybe you can tell me what A-B driver I would need? Or Both. Any Suggestions? And, should I install the Driver before creating the tags or after? I'm thinking you would have to install them before inorder to be able to address the tags???right???

What would I have to fill in here? (picture)
Access?
Node?
Protocol?

Am I in the right place? or is there something I'm missing?

dialog box.jpg

Last edited:
If you guys can help me out I will post a copy of my Power point Presentation on this forum for all to benifit from. That is, after my interview.

Thanks again,

Terry

Here you go

Access is the device you are going to use to connect to the S7 processor or network.

Node is the station address of the processor you wish to talk to.

Application name is the driver you will use for dde/opc communication with the processor.

Topic name is the name you give to the actual communication configuration that you set up for this "topic of communication".

I have the pdf file for you, for the I/O/ server for the simatic s7 processor.

Marc

did you email me th pdf file?
It might have some trouble getting through our mail server. Or not.
you can try.

What is dde/opc? :unsure:
In simple terms.

Thanks for having patience with me. beerchug

DDE OPC

I sent you an email via the PLCTalk.net message system.

DDE stands for Dynamic Data Exchange
OPC stands for OLE for Process Control

OLE stands for object linking and embedding.

These are methods by which you can communicate with a PLC and transfer Data into a DDE/OPC compliant application.

Wonderware/ excess /Access are all DDE/OPC compliant applications. When you run the DDE/OPC server the I/O server for the PLC you are using, the I/O server provides the link from the PLC to the compliant application.

marc

I think I'm Starting to understand.

This is the proceedure? (In a nut shell)
-install Intouch
-Identify PLC & Communications
-Install Driver Required for Communications
-Load intouch (Application Manager)
-Select Window Maker
-Draw Process equipment you wish to control/monitor
-make them symbols (ie. valves, tanks etc.)
-identify Tags with these symbols (PLC Addresses Identified)
(Comm Driver Identified, Node Address of PLC.)
-Animate symbols (ie. Toggle switchs, Tank fill level Anolog 0-100%, etc.)
-Load Run Time
-Run/Monitor Process

I think I'm Learning. :nodi:

Access Name : The name of the link between Intouch and the I/O server. You determine the name. When you create a tag in Intouch, you set the tag’s access name to this.

Node Name : Name of computer which the I/O server resides on. You leave this blank if the I/O server is on the same computer that Intouch is running on.

Application Name : The name of the I/O server program.

Topic Name : Set this to the same Topic that you set-up in the I/O server. An I/O server can have more than one Topic. You need at least one Topic name for each PLC that the I/O server connects to. You might want to create multiple Topics for the same PLC in cases where you might want to have different update times for different types of data. For instance you might want to have an update time of 5 seconds for items such as setpoint values and have an update time of 1 second for buttons.

When you refer to Driver, it’s an I/O server either a DDE Server, OPC Server, Suitelink Server (Wonderware’s protocal).

Your ‘In a nut shell’ is pretty close. When I do an Intouch system I create all the tags first, main reason is because when you create animations you need to associate it with some tag, you can use a type of place holder, but then you have to go back and replace them later. Another important part you need to add is Alarms.