Fetch / Write S5 to S7

russg

Hi guys,

I'm wanting to set up a fetch / write on a s5 and s7. But i'm struggling to work out which i should use, if not both? I want to share DB10 on both the s5 and s7, and if either of the PLC writes to it, this will be instantly shared. Can someone please give me a brief run down of the fetch and write, and which I should use?

For example, if I set up a fetch-passive on the S7 using iso transport, do i then set up a read-active on the S5 side? And will this only read, or can it write from the s5 to the s7 too?

Thanks

Similar Topics

Hello every body I linked Proface HMI "GP2500-TC41-24V" to S7-315 2PN/DP. As attached I have to enter PN port fetch/write port number. How...
Replies
Views
The 315-2 PN/DP has built in ethernetinterface. Siemens do not provide fetch/write functionality as if you use CP343-1 or CP443-1. Siemens has...
Replies
Views
Hello All, is there any way to fetch remote controllers Mode Run/Remote Prog/Faulted etc. ( AB L8 Series) using CIP message, if yes please share...
Replies
Views
hi.... I have a dual redundancy control logix plc on controlnet. There is also a panelview 1500 on the same network. I want to fetch the panelview...
Replies
Views
I 'm newcomer in PLCs. I want to fetch live data from a s7-300 PLC in a windows based PC. Please suggest me what is the least cost way of doing...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom