WinCC with Microsoft Dynamics

Mishtavince

Wanted to check if anybody succeeded in establishing communication between WinCC and 'Microsoft Dynamics' . If so could you please be kind to elaborate on the OPC or any info on it.

Many Thanks.

Microsoft Dynamics is a Suite of different Software. Primarily ERP and CRM and I will assume you mean the ERP side.

In the ERP side you have Dynamics SL, NAV, GP and AX each one being different for various business purposes.

You really would not connec your PLC to the ERP system. You would connect your PLC to a database and witre and read the info needed and Dynamics would interact with that SQL Database.

For going from PLC to Database my Favorite solution is this moduel in the link below. You could also do it with OPC but it could be a lot more involved depending on your application.

IIRC the module can parse about 500 tags per second so it can be the data concentrator for several PLC's

Here is the link http://www.softing.us/product/1/eatm-tmanager/