InTouch Historical Trend Scaling

Jhondo

I am trending several run signals as well as pressure on an 8 pen InTouch Historical Trend. The run signals scale to either a 1 or a 0 (running or off). When the 1 is displayed on the trend, the line is at the very top of the trend making it difficult for the operator to see. There is no way in the Tagname Directory to scale an I/O Digital so is there another way to scale the trend so the "run" would show up in the middle of the trend instead of at the top?

Thanks,
Jeff

I am trending several run signals as well as pressure on an 8 pen InTouch Historical Trend. The run signals scale to either a 1 or a 0 (running or off). When the 1 is displayed on the trend, the line is at the very top of the trend making it difficult for the operator to see. There is no way in the Tagname Directory to scale an I/O Digital so is there another way to scale the trend so the "run" would show up in the middle of the trend instead of at the top?

Thanks,
Jeff

You could use a script to copy the value of your discrete tag to a memory integer with an EU range of -1 to 2.

A little more info on Bit Bucket 07 post...

Make new Memory Integer tag "AnalogDigitalTag". Set Min Value = 0 and Max Value = 2

Build "Data Change" Script on DigitalTag

IF DigitalTag == 1 THEN
AnalogDigitalTag = 1;
IF DigitalTag == 0 THEN
AnalogDigitalTag = 0;
ENDIF;
ENDIF;

Warning....a "Data Change" script only acts if it SEES the data change. It may not react when you start Intouch, until the digital tag changes state.
There are some other alternatives if this is an issue.

You can adjust Min and Max value on Analog tag, and also change AnalogTag = # in script to different numbers to place line on chart where you want.
You can expand on this for different locations on chart for different Digital Tags.

Last edited: