Upgrade Simatic Step7 V5.5 with Upgrade License

Oktaviana

Hi All...

i want to ask, my company already have Simatic Step7 V5.3 installed on Engineering Station with Platform Windows XP, now they want to upgrade that with new engineering station with platform Windows 7 64 Bit and upgrade to Simatic Step7 v5.5. my company already buy Simatic Step7 v5.5 for upgrade(6ES7810-4CC10-0YE5). i read on requirment for Simatic Step7 v5.5 upgrade, must installed lower version of Simatic Step7 before in station for install Simatic Step7 V5.5. the problem is i can't install the existing Simatic Step7 V5.3 in new station (Windows 7 64 Bit). i need advice for this.

No you dont need to install v5.3 on the new PC.
Just install v5.5.
Then transfer the old license via the license USB stick or floppy to the new PC.
Transfer also the upgrade license to the new PC.
Finally select the old license on the new PC and use the upgrade function.

No you dont need to install v5.3 on the new PC.
Just install v5.5.
Then transfer the old license via the license USB stick or floppy to the new PC.
Transfer also the upgrade license to the new PC.
Finally select the old license on the new PC and use the upgrade function.

that Simatic Step7 V5.5 Basis , Isn't ?
because my company has already purchase Simatic Step7 V5.5 Upgrade Cd.

Just run the installation from the CD.
When asked for the license, choose "skip".
Then transfer and upgrade the license manually as I described earlier.

oh, it's just need previous license, not the previous Software.
ok i will try

thank you very much...