s7 editing compiled scl

balash

Hi,
I have on my plant uploaded program from from s7 315 but judging on many jumps with labels mxxx i think that is stl compiled scl.
I do not have source scl, but would like to do some modification.
Could i edit stl without source scl?
I see some networks (cca. 7) with only NOP 0.
Would downloading that stl miss something or is everything like 8n scl but with different view?

You can edit the STL as you wish - once you have saved the edit the block will lose it's "SCL" property and become an STL block.

Scl

Hi,

The STL code you get is compiled from SCL. All the funtionality is there but usually not as easy to understand. There is no inverse compilation, so as L D[AR2,P#0.0] stated you can modify the STL code.

Best regards,
Kelkoon

:site:

don't care for losing scl properties as long as the code functionality stays the same. i do not have the source code anyway and need to do some slight modification.
as for big changes i would have to write the code from scratch as do not have comments and symbols and so it would be really hard to reverse in OP's idea đź“š o_O.

A compiled SCL source has usually only one single network.
If you have big SCL sources, then it's possible that compiling generates so many STL lines of code in one single network, that the STL editor can't open this block any more.

If you have more that one network, someone has still modified this code after compiling.

Btw: If the SCL function uses only simple data types, then it's relatively easy to build the SCL source back from the compiled STL by hand.

I have somewhere over 40 network, but i noticed that first 8 or 10 are NOP 0.
There is possibilty that i was wrong but i took a guess based on lots of JC, JU, and Mxxx
I do not have need for SCL, I only need one output changed to marker as I only need to modify that output with some delay, so there no need for rebuilding.

when I use Oscat,I copy usefull blocks from library to my new project and after it,it is always in STL....If I want to use SCL code,I create new SCL source and copy SCL code from library and from it You can compile new blocks in Your project which can be then edited with SCL editor....Or is there any way to copy from library to new project and retain it in SCL????

when I use Oscat,I copy usefull blocks from library to my new project and after it,it is always in STL....If I want to use SCL code,I create new SCL source and copy SCL code from library and from it You can compile new blocks in Your project which can be then edited with SCL editor....Or is there any way to copy from library to new project and retain it in SCL????

you need scl source code on step7 for editing/viewing at scl editor

I have somewhere over 40 network, but i noticed that first 8 or 10 are NOP 0.
There is possibilty that i was wrong but i took a guess based on lots of JC, JU, and Mxxx
I do not have need for SCL, I only need one output changed to marker as I only need to modify that output with some delay, so there no need for rebuilding.

Did you try to switch to LAD or FBD ? NOP 0's are mostly automatic inserted when programming in one of those languages and a lot of jumps are also not uncommon then