Major Error S:6 2Ah

GuestBobO

G
Major Error S:6=2Ah
Indexed address reference is beyond specific referenced data file.

I get the above fault on an AB 5/03 while using a PV600 touch.
It has something to do with the numeric entry keypad on the PV(I think). It faults when I use a different adress for the write tag and and display tag.
I have setpoints coded and want to display them in the key pads numeric field but also under certain conditions I want the machine operator to be able type in a different value. Any ideas about what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
Bob O.

P.S. I am on the road in warm Az. and don't have password set up on this computer.

GuestBobO said:
under certain conditions I want the machine operator to be able type in a different value. Any ideas about what I am doing wrong?

It sounds like the value that the operator keys in is used in an indirect address and is greater than 255.

Hi Bob O

Check the index register in the SLC. If I'm not mistaken it's S:23. Write down it's value.

Then look for the rung that your program is faulting on. It's going to have an address in it somewhere with a # in front of it.

Check the length of the file of the address with the # in front of it. You'll find that the address + the value of S:23 goes beyond the maximum file length.

You can solve this problem in several ways.

1) Limit the value you xmit from the panel view in order to prevent transmission of a value thats too large.

2) Limit the value in the PLC by not allowing the instruction to operate if the value is too large. This is not the best solution because if the value is too large on power up the CPU will fault anyway.

3) Most importantly, check to make sure that you are not using an address that you shouldn't be using. It sounds like you might be addressing an address that is used for something else and what you're seeing is the results.

Good Luck,

(8{)} ( .)

(Yosi)

Hi Bob,

The error message may be because the data file isn't configured long enough for the indexed value. How is a value from a PV getting into an index value? The address you want to write to should be the target address and not the index address. Perhaps your PV write address is the index address and not the actual address. PVs do not support indexed addressing. You will have to move the write data into the indexed address in the program. I generally use a seperate data file for the panelview and let the PLC program move values in and out of that file as required rather than accessing the PLC data directly. This is particularly useful if the PV-PLC communication is RS 232 as the PV only transfers 40 contiguous data words at a time and accessing various adrresses all over the PLC will greatly slow down communications.

Got it with the help of you guys.
I didn't mean to have indexed address in the program. I found my stupid mistake and corrected.

Thanks Again.....
Bob O