Redlion Webserver

john.morley

I have a a Red Lion G12 Graphite HMI connected to a L32E compactlogix. The System has a 3G mobile modem to enable remote login. The mobile reception is in the area strong (-50db). I have set up the web server, I can connect and it displays the screens OK but the response is very slow. I have other brands of HMI that work well over the same connection. Has anyone had good experience with the redlion webserver over a mobile 3G data connection?

I have had "slowness" more than once.

At one point, there was a rogue router on the network as the root cause. It was spewing packets in circles and cluttering up the whole system.

Another time, I seemed to have an issue with IE. Chrome ran better. And it seemed that if I left the remote connection active long enough, the performance improved.

None of these suggestions are scientific or really specific and there are probably other things I am forgetting at the moment.

And call Red Lion Tech support if the problem makes the system unusable. I bet that they can offer ideas.

Welcome to the Forum!

I have a customer that uses a very similar setup all over Australia and it works very well. I mean, it's not lightning fast, but then these systems are out in some very remote places and it's still usable.