Saving FTV Projects

PLC Pie Guy

Hey all.
I was looking at past threads for something about this but no luck. I am curious about saving FTV projects.
I am wondering if I can save a copy of the project to another location for backups sake. Yes I can open FTV and open a project from its default location there but at this point I don't have it saved anywhere else.
My "SAVE AS" is grayed out!

Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Assuming that FTV is Factory Talk View (and I'm running FTV Studio ME) you pretty much need to use the Application Manager to backup a project into one file in the location of your choice. Projects really should not be manually moved around without the backup process.

The 'Save' and 'Save As' in FTV is for each thing that you're editing - displays for sure and maybe some other items as well.

Hey, no problem.
BTW, the inverse process is within Application Manager and is called 'Restore Application' - sucks the files out of the backup and places them in a folder somewhere in the Rockwell software folders.

edit: finally found the project folder location: C:\Users\Public\Documents\RSView Enterprise\ME\HMI projects

Last edited: