noob SLC 5/03 cpu

pssrl

My boss wants me to fix our tube filling machine. I've read 3_4 manuals and threads online but haven't found my exact problem. I've attached pics. What do these lights mean?
The batt light solid red.....do we need a new battery?
Flt blinking red.....
DH485 solid green.
Should we be in RUN instead of REM?
Any help is much obliged:book:

20150521_172614.jpg 20150521_172643.jpg 20150521_172717.jpg

My boss wants me to fix our tube filling machine. I've read 3_4 manuals and threads online but haven't found my exact problem. I've attached pics. What do these lights mean?
The batt light solid red.....do we need a new battery?
Flt blinking red.....
DH485 solid green.
Should we be in RUN instead of REM?
Any help is much obliged:book:

No means of lights, they are ok. Leave it on REM, Once you will download and click run, it will work or if program is running then its ok.

You obviously have communication with the processor through your DH485 port, so that isn't the issue.

If the advice Shah gave you doesn't work (for some unknown reasons) then switch your manual key from REM to PROG to RUN, and back to REM. Then try downloading again.

Thank you Aabeck I will definitely search for a new battery ASAP.
jaywillnot will try that when we get the new battery, thank you!
Thank you shazad5444.:D

If the battery is dead (or near so) and the PLC is powered down the processor will lose the program and when powered back up the fault LED will be on. If I had to guess that’s what’s happened which means not only do you need to replace the battery but you will also need to re-download the program.

Yes, the flt light is lit.We have a programing guy coming in on Wednesday thanks Firejo. I hope to learn from this guy and a the PLC training courses.👨🏻‍🏫

P.S does anyone have a model No. for the battery. We are in the west coast and IWK Packaging Systems, Inc. is Closed for the long weekend.

Hoping to find another vendor I can get this from.

Thanx everyone is so helpful!! My boss is LOVING me right now. We still have a flt flashing moving on from here ....very promising thx again!!

Can't change a battery on a SLC 5/03 without powering it down. You have to pull out the processor. An internal capacitor *should* keep the program for a shout period while the battery is removed.